Saturday, October 15, 2011

Voices whisper in the trees

This was painted for DeviantArt's children's illustrator group.
They do monthly topics (which really helps motivate me to keep drawing :P )
so for october the topic was Voices whisper in the trees.
I love everything Japanese. So their bonsai trees are my inspiration for the trees drawn here.
I love how they curve aesthetically.
I also love to make people laugh or smile. So to make this illustration ridiculous, (and with the help of my baby cousins) I've drawn animals that don't normally dwell on trees.
I wonder what they are talking about? What conspiring evil plans are they up to??
Poor mr elephant though, he is feeling very left out! Despite his ginormous ears, he can't hear a thing!
Hopefully he will find a way! But silly mr. elephant... you shouldn't eavesdrop anyways!

One another note, did anyone notice the moon yesterday? It was GINORMOUS and yellow and magical and beautiful........... *mesmerised*

Hope you all have a good rest of the weekend!
love, truccie





1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!!! I was wondering what Children's Illustrator was on deviantart! :D That really does sound like a great way to keep you challenging yourself with exploring different ideas/concepts ^-^ I might give it a go once things settle down a lil more for me. :D and you did a great job on yours, love it how your cousins helped hehe, so cute!

    and nooooo i missed the moon last night (T_T) i think i was just at home too LOL i always feel a lil creeped out when it's so close, but it really is quite a sight :)

    keep up the great work dear! xox

    ReplyDelete